Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree gets blocked when deploy master branch to Heroku

Juan Manuel August 30, 2017

SourceTree gets blocked when I deploy the master branch of one of my apps to Heroku.

In this app I disabled all cache configgurations, so all the dependencies are downloaded everytime and printed in the logs. I think it's the reason of the freezing.

Does someone know if there is any way of configurating the SourceTree buffer for logs or similar?

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

Hi

What SourceTree command are you running that causes the freeze in SourceTree, is it a push or pull or something else?

Juan Manuel September 1, 2017

Hi Michael.

It's a simply git push heroku master command.

Due to heroku deployment the console shows a lot of info, and log level in Heroku is not configurable.

Any idea of avoid this issue?

Thank you so much.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

Hi

You mentioned downloading all the dependencies, presumably that is on pull/fetch? Does the push then push them all back up again? I'd assume not.

Forgive me I'm not that familiar with Heroku. when you carry out that push, you get git logging + heroku logging in the got push output?

Does the push take a 'long' time, even from the command line?

Juan Manuel September 14, 2017

Hi again, Michael.

As I configured my heroku app, all the dependencies are downloaded on every deployment. So very many lines are printed in the terminal. 

I tried to deploy my changes with the integrated git command line few minutes ago as you mention and it was successfull.

So this issue seems to occurs only with  SourceTree interface.

Thank you so much.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events