Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree for Linux

Viewing page 3 of 24

585 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Chuck Ludwigsen June 19, 2014

SourceTree is a source code git management tool. It is not an IDE. I watch this thread to see if Atlassian is showing any signs of hearing or answering our requests. I do not watch this thread to see it hijacked to talk about frameworks or IDE's. I humbly ask you to start your own conversation about the merits of Lazarus.

SourceTree for Linux +1.

justinnichols June 19, 2014

This. Well said.

William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2015

Your comment.

4 votes
AOP March 28, 2014

Maybe they need some donation? Maybe just to believe that A LOT of Linux users wants sourcetree.

4 votes
Philip Braica March 26, 2014

This is a wonderful. Excellent intuitive piece of software with a great interface. I've been a SW engineer for 18 years, written some good things. This is fluid, easy, and virtually bug free.

It is SHOCKINGLY better than competing products.

That is why a port to Linux would be so awesome.

Where I am, we use git and we are on Windows, Linux and OSX. I switch between the three consistently.

Using sourcetree on OSX and Windows then forced to use something else on Linux makes me sad. It is a beautiful piece of software that should be available on all platforms. It would dominate the market and that is valuable.

All of the reasons not to do this from the start, they make sense, but consider doing this now. Consider owning that market to promote your company and products.

Sincerely,

Phil Braica

4 votes
Jayant Thube February 13, 2014

This worked for me,

1) Use virtualization - I have ubuntu as guest on windows 7

2) install source tree in windows, checkout all repos

3) Share the directory with Ubuntu - i use virtualbox and using share folder feature i mount my windows directory that contains all repos into my workspace in ubuntu

4) make sure the share is avaialble always - i changed fstab to mount the folders as if its local to my workspace.

5) I run git command at prompt in ubuntu or using sourcetree in windows and all works seamlessly.

I am not feeling a pressing need for sourcetree in ubuntu now as its very simple and seamless.. Would have loved a native app though.

s i February 13, 2014

Er... I run a linux host and I don't have a windows license. I think you have missed the point of why many, many people are asking for a linux version!

Jayant Thube February 13, 2014

I get that, still most of people do have windows license and hope this helps them. I am sharing my experiance in hope that people dont just abondon source tree.. its great and its free, let us help expand its use..or we risk stalling its development..never loose hope that one day they will have time and money for a linux port..linux fans are not going to stop asking for it..

Alexander Trauzzi February 16, 2014

That's obvious man, everyone knows they can run things in a virtual machine. That generally just goes without saying. The point of this thread is to establish the option where a virtual machine is no longer needed.

Otherwise, why don't we just run everything inside a Windows VM because "it's so easy and now there's no more need". Wait, now why don't we just run Windows?

It gets worse because Atlassian will take your comment over the mountain of requests for a Linux version of Sourcetree and single it out as an example of them having the situation handled.

This is a thread about getting a Sourcetree client for Linux. We aren't interested in VM options.

4 votes
geoh January 5, 2014

Also +1 for Linux version - I've just moved to Ubuntu and made the assumption that there would be one - I'm a little guttens, as it's one of my primary tools.

Also willing to provide $ - a Kickstarter campaign would certainly raise funds to make this happen quickly...?

4 votes
Darren Bell December 12, 2013

+1 for a Linux client. We're looking at Stash (10-25 users), but will not go for it until there is a Linux client. All Linux devs here.

Ron Elliott December 12, 2013
I'm in the same boat, I won't be buying a stash license until a Linux client is made. In fact I'm I'm the process of making one myself, if I get it completed before atlassian does, bye bye atlassian as you guys won't see my businesses again. This is becoming a bit ridiculous, it doesn't take a year to write a Linux git client, I've done it in almost a month.
4 votes
izaera October 27, 2013

I have recently switched from Mac to Linux because of chaging job.

Please, please, please. Port to Linux. I miss SourceTree so much :'-(.

4 votes
MWD Systems October 16, 2013

+1 from our side.

4 votes
jbian October 15, 2013

+1 Linux

4 votes
squallium October 13, 2013

+1 for a Linux client

4 votes
Dan Shields October 9, 2013

+1 for Linux!

4 votes
s i October 2, 2013

+1 for linux too.

Surely you guys must be aware of all of these requests and can maybe make some sort of statement? Good customer service and all that. I know linux dev might seem costly, but I think a lot of developers now use linux and more will in the future. So you would be future-proofing your software!

4 votes
Deleted user September 30, 2013

counting votes? +1 for linux from me ;)

4 votes
Mark Timothy Agarrado September 29, 2013

+1 for linux :)

4 votes
Ethan Zonca September 27, 2013

+1 for Linux

4 votes
djking September 25, 2013

I use it on OSX but most of our team is on Linux. So +1 for Linux.

4 votes
Samoth September 24, 2013

+1 for Linux too

i used it on windows but i would prefer use it on linux like my other dev tools

4 votes
Wilhelm Assarsson September 23, 2013

+1 for Linux

4 votes
Fernando Moreira September 22, 2013

I would definitely appreciate a Linux version of Sourcetree too.

4 votes
alexseman July 16, 2013

+1 for Linux version!

4 votes
Tony T July 4, 2013

+1 for Linux!

Currently Using GitEye It's doing it's job pretty well. Guys who are waiting for a port, should check out giteye.

4 votes
Ezra Sharp June 9, 2013

+1 Linux Version please! :)

Supporting a platform with no Entry costs for developers will surly boost the popularity of your already excellent services! :D

James Mark Chan August 12, 2018

Agree, doesn't have to be feature rich. Just add a feature for people to donate to make it better if you don't want to charge and this could easily resolve the resource situation. I'm curious about the nature of a blocker. I'd like to suggest that there are easy work arounds to nearly  anything they would be able to share with us.

4 votes
Izzy Weingarten April 30, 2013

+1 for SourceTree in Linux.

4 votes
Lawrence MacIntyre April 23, 2013

I would like to add my voice to the many Linux Version requesters. Sourcetree is beautiful, but I can't bear to leave the security and open source nature of Linux!

Hoping for a linux version soon...

3 votes
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

Adding my vote for a linux version

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events