It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

SourceTree for Linux

Viewing page 22 of 23

567 answers

1 accepted

+1 Linux

+1k for a Linux client.

I cant believe that a GUI for a tool that's developed and used primarily on Linux/UNIX doesn't have a Linux version. My only reaction is something on the lines of wtf? 

With all due respect to Atlassian...

In this day and age, having developers as you target demo and not addressing Linux is, to put it mildly, silly.

If the question is:

"Do you plan to release SourceTree for Linux?"

... then my recommended answer is:

"Yes!"

Seriously, though, it's about time a general Linux client was released.  Can I suggestion compatiblity with Gnome on Red Hat 7 / CentOS 7? I'm sure Debian and Ubuntu users are excited for this as well but I'm pretty sure the main issue will come down to which desktop GUI platform will (hopefully) be supported.

+1 for Linux

+1 for linux version

+1 for linux

+1 for linux

+1 for linux

+1 for linux

Well, nowadays we have some serious competition in this area, like GitKraken that looks better and has some extra features on top of SourceTree

Would've been nice to have ST on Linux but since Atlassian doesn't care about the platform it's time the feeling becomes mutual.

Yes, would use it on Linux for my Web Server code, now doing it by hand.

-10,000 for Linux

Guys...it no longer matters.  SourceTree has been left behind.

Let's move on.  So the next time Atlassian deletes this thread topic, let it be.

Now to convince them to link Bitbucket with other tools.  If they don't, then GitLab or GitHub, although are more expensive, will get me to switch.

I've yet to find another GIT tool that beats SourceTree.

While Sourcetree is dying and allowing others like GitKraken and GitHub Desktop to catchup none have surpassed yet.

I love SourceTree. GitKracken is not free for commercial use and yet not as capable as SourceTree. Really hope SourceTree will not die and will listen more to growing Linux (and that is really cross platform) community.

I wish someone from Atlassian would take part in this discussion. Make some updates on the topic. Show that you're listening to the users. Explain yourself better.

Just might be SourceTree could be open sourced and made Linux-campatible by the commubity?

I can agree the ticket is solved:

https://alternativeto.net/software/sourcetree/

Move to Gitkraken

Or try GitExtensions for Mono, because they try to find a solution for Linux users, here Ubuntu:

https://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions/wiki/How-To%3A-run-Git-Extensions-on-Linux

+1 for linux

+100 users asking for Linux SourceTree

It's a great .NET application so it's probably got serious dependencies on win32.

Linux support would be appreciated, however there are plenty of quality FOSS git clients.

is this a joke? there's no linux port of SourceTree??

Yet, SourceTree for Mac is a thing

lots of git kraken advertisers here.

sadly this time I have to agree that these online product pushers have a point.

going to have to use it until source tree comes along with a port for linux.

after using gitkraken for a bit, i am sad to see its slow...

+1 for linux 

We want Linux!

it would be great to have Sourcetree on linux

GitKraken FTW

Except if you're using submodules...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

2,809 views 0 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you