SourceTree: extremely annoying OSX KeyChain prompt...

dcunited001 January 6, 2014

So, i'm a little paranoid. I refuse to use the OSX keychain for anything serious. It's basically a convenient collection point for all your private information on a Mac and it's had security problems before.

However, everytime I open SourceTree, the program decides to prompt me millions of time's for to unlock my key via my keychain. Push/Pull using this key works without entering the password, but nevertheless, SourceTree endlessly prompts the KeyChain app to display a message box asking for the password. It doesn't matter what I type into the KeyChain prompt, right or wrong. It just continually asks me for the key password.

Also, I don't use SourceTree to push/pull. I love the product for viewing a repo and staging files or hunks of changes.

Is there any way to turn this off?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

I'm a Windows user, so I can't speak to Keychain, but you may want to check your Options to see if Sourcetree is set to "Check default remotes for updates every X minutes". If that is on, you may be able to reduce unnecessary prompts by turning it off.

dcunited001 January 8, 2014

So far, this is working well. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events