Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree doesn't start after splash

daphne_g April 19, 2020

Hello,

I am running Windows 10. I installed SourceTree months ago and it was working fine (the index had to be manually refreshed but nevertheless it was working).

Then one day, it stopped working. 

What I have tried :

- Deleting AppData/Local/SourceTree, uninstalling and installing (v.3.3.8) again. I get the splashcreen and a progress bar icon in the launcher but then it disappears and nothing happens. I don't even have the install wizard.

- Adding the "AutomaticallyCleanupDictionaryFiles" setting in AppData/Local/SourceTree/app-3.3.8/SourceTree.exe.config

- Running .exe as administrator

- Launching CCleaner

- Rebooting between uninstall and install

- Installing an older version (3.2.6)

I do not have an AppData/Local/Atlassian folder, there is nothing related in AppData/Roaming either. Only the AppData/Local/SourceTree folder. I don't have a sourcetree.log file either.

I am out of ideas to fix this, I have looked at many threads on this forum and cannot find a solution. Please help. (I'm not a noob, i'm a software engineer, i've used ST for years on Mac, i swear ;) )

1 answer

0 votes
Bradley Pennington May 1, 2020

I have the same thing, how can this happen so many times in the past with new versions as well... This issue dates back to many versions before the latest version. Now I cannot continue my work :S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events