SourceTree does not show the login window during installation Edited

Windows 7. I have installed SourceTree and during the first configuration I cannot login, because the appearing window does not load.

123.pngAs you can see on the screenshot, I have opened the same link that tries to open on "Use existing account" button in IE, and it does not load as well. 

What should I do? I have cleared the IE cache, reinstalled SourceTree, changed IE safety and privacy settings to low, cleared AppData/Local from Atlassian and SourceTree folders, did not help.

id.atlassian.com is unaccessable from IE, the error(same as here):

1234.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Stas, this has been reported in our bug tracker at SRCTREEWIN-7244. There are a few workarounds listed in the comments, there's one specially that seems to be working for most of the users so I'll copy it here for you:

From a working install collect the accounts.json and passwd files.

Delete the Atlassian folder from the AppData/Local directory for your user. Run the installer for 2.3.1, close it when you get the blank login window. Place the account.json and passwd files into the Atlassian/SourceTree folder. Rerun the installer. It should detect the account and password from those files and bypass the request for a login.

Some users shared other tips too, so you might want to check this Community thread

Let us know if it worked for you! :)

Cheers

Ana

I had to google up the contents of account.json because I had no working install, but this helped, thank you.

Glad to hear that! And thanks for accepting the answer :)

Have a good day,

Ana

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

649 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you