Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree can not create "Git Flow" Workflow

Sebastian Hens June 20, 2014

Hi folks,

I have a problem with SourceTree. I have installed the latest Version and clone my private repository from bitbucket. This works fine but if I want to create the "Git Flow" Workflow I get following error:

git init -d 
/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/gitflow/git-flow: line 41: uname: command not found
/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/gitflow/git-flow: line 41: egrep: command not found
/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/gitflow/git-flow: line 50: sed: command not found
/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/gitflow/git-flow: line 50: dirname: command not found
/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/gitflow/git-flow: line 73: /gitflow-common: No such file or directory
Completed with errors, see above

All of the listed commands are usable over terminal as they should. But how can I fix this issue =/?

Regards,

Sebastian

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sebastian Hens June 23, 2014

I finally found the issue.

And indeed it was $PATH, but it is not so obvious: I had stuff in my launchd.conf which caused the error.... removed that stuff and restarted the system :) thanks for your help!

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2014

You should mark this as a correct answer also.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2014

Have you manually modified any environment variables, or used Homebrew? If so, the problem is not with SourceTree. You might try this solution from stack overflow, but be cautious modifying environment variables like $PATH - you can mess other software up.

Sebastian Hens June 22, 2014

Thanks for your response Seth, but my $PATH looks pretty normal:

/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin

No Homebrew installed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events