Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree and the new git "multiple working tree" support

David Blickstein September 1, 2017

As of git 2.5 one can have multiple working trees within a single clone of a repo.

I have two questions:

1. In the absence of SourceTree support what will changes in a second working tree look like in SourceTree?   That is, does it confuse SourceTree and show staged/unstaged changes from BOTH working trees?   Neither?  Does SourceTree crash?   Is this supported/safe to do?
  2. When will SourceTree support this.   I consider this to be one of the most significant new git features in years.   I do see that SourceTree seems to NOT be at git 2.5 so I understand that is part of what's needed.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can read this intro to multiple working trees.

1 answer

1 vote
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Hi
SourceTree doesn't explicitly support Worktrees, but it is something we'd like to do in the future. However it will work with them.

You can add Worktrees as additional bookmarks in SourceTree.

SourceTree currently ships with Git 2.14.1

RickC October 13, 2022

So, it's October, 2022 - five years since this original question/answer -- and still SourceTree has no support for git worktrees.

Any updates here?

Like # people like this
Alice September 12, 2023

Almost six years on... any updates?

Like Kirankumar Srikanta likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events