Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree| Pulls/Push Timeout/Fail until Pull completed from another tool

jwaskiewicz June 3, 2015

This is a strange but recurring issue for my team. We are all using SourceTree to access a remote Git server hosted in Bonobo on VM in our data center. It generally works great.  However, every once in a while an issue will occur where all pulls and pushes timeout/fail.  The effect seems contagious as it will start with one machine but spread. 

The stranger part is the fix.  If I perform a pull action through Visual Studio or another tool, it will then fix Pull/Pushing through SourceTree.  Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
jwaskiewicz June 3, 2015

Will do. Thanks for the idea.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2015

Are the other tools pulling on behalf of the same local repository, or just the same remote? When the issue occurs, I would recommend going to the command line. Start by testing the git command line client with the exact command that is logged in SourceTree, then gradually remove any unnecessary pieces to see if you can narrow down a particular option that may be related to the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events