It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

SourceTree Prompts to enter git hub username and password again and again.. Edited

I recently tried pulling my GitHub repo with SourceTree and it kept failing. I was prompted to log into GitHub, so I filled in my username and password, but it still failed. I tried creating an SSH key and using that, still nothing. I googled whether my 2FA could've had something to do with it - got some guide on creating Personal Access Tokens, followed that, still nothing. I updated SourceTree to the newest version, repeated the steps, nothing. Checked the Options->Authentication, sure enough my GitHub account is there, but still nothing. Used the local Git, the embedded Git, still nothing. So at this point I'm running out of ideas to try out as multiple GitHub Login windows are popping up on my computer...

So, how do I connect SourceTree to GitHub, where I have 2FA enabled?

1 answer

0 votes
Manju Atlassian Team May 24, 2018

Is this on Windows or macOS? What version of the app are you using?

I'm on Windows 10  and Sourcetree version that I've is 2.5.5.0.

Thanks,

Nandha

minnsey Atlassian Team May 24, 2018

Hi can you check your Git version?

It sounds like an error caused by GitHub removing some TLS protocols a few weeks ago, see https://githubengineering.com/crypto-removal-notice/

If you haven't already can you try upgrading your git version?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,917 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you