Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree License

Jamil.Isayyed May 23, 2018

Hello,

I am wondering how we can add sourcetree to many development environments using one possible license for the company not based on user account?

i raised a support issue before and got the following answer but it didn't really help.

Hello Jamil,

As of May 9, 2017, SourceTree customers exclusively receive support from our online Atlassian Community. There, we have dedicated Atlassian Support staff in addition to Community Champions ready to answer your questions.

In addition: Find your answer instantly by searching a database of hundreds of previously asked questions and answers. Get superior support via the product support forums, where you can ask a question and get one or more answers by experts, whether that be an Atlassian staff member, an Atlassian partner or a community champion.

Hence you may register for SourceTree once with a corporate email address and use the same license everywhere. To get that license on a new machine you can either register each one by typing the user/password in the online registration (this will retrieve your license automatically), or you can obtain the license file and copy it between machines.

When you start SourceTree for the first time you'll be asked to accept the EULA, which you can read for details. SourceTree is not open source but it is free (of charge).

I hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Please advise

Thanks,

Jamil 

2 answers

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2018

Hi Jamil! My colleague was redirecting you to the correct channel to get support for Sourcetree so, in a sense, it helped :)  

I'm afraid what you're asking for is not possible, even if you use the MSI installer, each user will need to register Sourcetree when it first launches, using one of the following options:

• your company's Bitbucket Server instance (through user's default browser)
  • their Atlassian account (requires Internet Explorer 11 or higher)

For more information, you can read Sourcetree Enterprise and MSI installation

Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be happy to help!

Kind regards,

Ana

0 votes
Kevin Koltz April 3, 2020

The link http://www.sourcetreeapp.com/register/ no longer works

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events