Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree: History graph feature request

A.M. March 16, 2015

Hi all

I'm desperately looking for Git tool with a GUI which displays the GitFlow workflow correctly.
All Tools (Windows) I know have dumb graphs. Your program has the best so far. One can select two options "Anchestor Order" and "Date Order". 

If one works with the GitFlow workflow all samples on the web including yours

https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/comparing-workflows/feature-branch-workflow

display the master on top or on left/right side. Always. Then follows the release branch, then develop then features.
But the TreeView in the GUI has the annoying "feature" that it shows the active one on the left side.The graph changes if one switches the branch. This may be useful for people with 100 branches. But not for GitFlow users.

I'm sure there are people out there which would like that. Of course, the tool is free. Well, you could start a Kickstarter project? I'm in the boat then.

What do you think?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
A.M. March 16, 2015

It's already there

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1427

Minor and no date sad

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

Ok, vote it up, and thanks for the link. You should mark this as the correct answer to your question.

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

This is a great candidate for a feature request. If you want the developers of SourceTree to notice this, file a feature request at jira.atlassian.com. Most members on this site are users like you, and Atlassian does not read every post.

A.M. March 16, 2015

Thanks for the link to the correct site. I'll do so..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events