Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree GitFlow keeps asking to finish feature

ccino May 25, 2019

I am using SourceTree v3.0.8 in Windows.  In SourceTree, when my current branch is 'develop' and I click on Git-flow in the toolbar, the pop-up dialog thinks develop is a feature branch and offers only to either 'Finish Feature' or 'Other Action' (ie, it doesn't offer to 'Start New Feature').

If I then click on 'Finish Feature', it pops up the Finish Feature dialog box with 'develop' in the Feature Name dropdown.  If I wait a few seconds, 'develop' disappears from the dropdown and the 'OK' button becomes disabled.  If I click on the Feature Name dropdown, the list is completely blank.

It seems to me that some configuration file is wrong, but I have no idea where or what that file may be.

Any suggestions?  Thank you in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
ccino May 25, 2019

Actually, shortly after posting the question, I have found the problem (it appears that it could be a bug in SourceTree in initializing GitFlow).

I looked at the .git/config file in my project and the '[gitflow "prefix"] section was as follows:

[gitflow "prefix"]
feature =
bugfix =
release =
hotfix =
support =
versiontag =

I then looked at the .git/config file in another project where Git Flow is working properly and that file was as follows:

[gitflow "prefix"]
feature = feature/
bugfix = bugfix/
release = release/
hotfix = hotfix/
support = support/
versiontag =

When I copied that section over the top of the section in the config file in the project where Git Flow wasn't working, that fixed the problem.

So it seems that there may be a bug in SourceTree where it doesn't properly initialize gitflow in the config file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events