Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree Forbbiden, but ssh -Tv -l >>username<< git@bitbucket.org works

Marcus May 10, 2020

I have multiple Bitbucket accounts. One is a personal account, which is working perfectly. The other is a work account where I have a personal profile as well as a team profile which owns the repo in question.

As of last night I am unable to get Sourcetree to authenticate with the work repo. I was getting the Atlascode VSCode extension up and running when everyone broke.

My personal account has an ssh key pair configured which works from the terminal (ssh -Tv bitbucket.org) as well as pushing, pulling & fetching via Sourcetree.

My work account has an ssh keypair configured on the personal work account. That account has admin rights to the team account and the repo. I am able to run ssh -Tv -l >>work_username<< git@bitbucket.org from terminal successfully, but any action performed through Sourcetree yields the error
"Forbidden
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists."

I have also ensured ~/.ssh/config has the correct host settings. I have been trying to fix this for hours now and I am simply out of ideas.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcus May 10, 2020

Of course after posting this I figure it out... Despite not requiring this configuration in the past (with exactly the same setup as I have now) I essentially started over again and setup my ssh keys manually in terminal by following this guide https://blog.developer.atlassian.com/different-ssh-keys-multiple-bitbucket-accounts/ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events