Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree - Diff on file over multiple commits

slaughton February 26, 2019

Hi there,

I see you can view a diff on a single file over multiple commits in the Log/History tab.

However I am not able to do this in the Search tab.  This functionality really needs to be extended to the Search tab, as we put the ticket number in our commit message and when looking up code from an old ticket you want to search for all commits with the ticket number in the message.  You can do this on the search tab, but not get the consolidated diff that you can on the Log/History tab.

Another thing is that the consolidated diff that you can get through the Log/History tab is only from one commit to another.  Eg; it includes all the commits in between.  You can't just say show me this one and that one together.

All these things are an essential part of our workflow and could be done in SVN.  Now we have moved to git/SourceTree, how do we do these things?

Regards,

Scotty

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2019

Hi

You are correct that you can't currently do either of those things in Sourcetree currently.

They seem sensible suggestions I can only suggest raising a feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com for now.

slaughton February 27, 2019

Thanks for the response.  Where is the actual page to raise the feature request?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events