Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree Custom Action on Mac returns "launch path not accessible"

vfonic May 23, 2018

I've seen there are some answered threads, but this still doesn't work for me.

I even tried putting in dummy actions like:

`echo $PATH`

or

`/usr/local/bin/git --version`

and the error is still the same.

I'm using "system git" 

> git version 2.17.0

6 answers

2 votes
luvcraft March 7, 2022

I was having the same problem and figured it out:

for your custom action, just put `git` in script target, and put the rest in parameters.

e.g. I was trying to create a custom action for `git up`, and I got it working by putting `git` in script target and `up` in parameters.

2 votes
Thomas Kekeisen November 26, 2021

You can fix this by giving your user rights to execute the file:

chmod +x your-script.sh

1 vote
James Phipps October 16, 2020

I am having this issue too now, with scripts that worked a few weeks ago before I updated to 4.0.2.

I can't even set environment variables, much less running a script that is part of my workflow that I would really like to add instead of bouncing back and forth between SourceTree and terminal (I've gotten my repo into weird states mixing between the two, especially if there is a commit message already present from Terminal when I go to SourceTree).

This makes less inclined to use the GUI altogether and is very annoying.

0 votes
TheKingArthas October 19, 2023

The solution for me was to go to:
`Sourcetree > Settings > Git`

There go to the Git version section and click on `Reset to Embedded Git` (I was using `System Git`). 
After that, click `Use System Git` again, and that should do the trick. 

Hope it helps!

0 votes
iforabe January 4, 2021

I am having this problem too but not with custom scripts. I get this error when I try to open any local repository.

Using: Mac OS v11.1 (20C69), Git v2.30, SourceTree v4.0.2 (236)

Any help or ideas for resolving this?

iforabe January 4, 2021

I solved my problem by completely uninstalling SourceTree--I mean complete uninstall of every related SourceTree file on the Mac system or it won't work.

Then I downloaded and installed it and reconnected my local and remote repos. It was a lot of work but it solved the problem. Not sure why this worked but it did.

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2018

I can reproduce this. There could be something we are missing. Please file a ticket on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE and we will investigate it. 

vfonic June 24, 2018

Manjunath, thanks for replying and confirming the issue!

I found this as the most appropriate place to post this issue/start the discussion. I'm not familiar with JIRA and it's confusing to me when I use it. Too much information that I don't need/care about in the given moment (severity, priority, environment, estimate, etc.). It looks more like it's team oriented, or oriented towards people actually working on the code, not someone reporting the issue from the outside.

This repels me from submitting issues, and I believe that both of us would like to see SourceTree become better and better. If you could provide easier way to submit an issue, that would be great. Otherwise, you could also submit it yourself there. You're much more familiar with the project and all those (to me) unknown form fields I just filled in/skipped to submit this issue there. I'd like to the issue here, but after submitting the issue, I couldn't find it anymore...

Thanks for your time! <3

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2018

I submitted the issue for you and here is the link so that you can watch the ticket - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-5823

vfonic June 25, 2018

Thanks! I also submitted the issue, but have no idea where it ended up.

Manju
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2018

This is the ticket you filed - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-5822

I'll close mine as a duplicate 👍

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events