Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree 2.4 claims problem with ssh

Michael_Heins December 21, 2016

Was running version 2.3.2 (75) on Mac OS 10.12.1 just fine.  I have repositories on github and bitbucket.  After upgrading to SourceTree 2.4, I immediately get this error:

There is an issue with your SSH configuration

The SSH configuration for your GitHub account ((null)) is incomplete. Please edit this account to generate a new SSH key.

When I click the Show Accounts button, no accounts are visible.

If I pull the older version 2.3.2 out of the trash and run it, things are working again.

6 answers

1 vote
Marco Krapf January 8, 2017

same error message in version Version 2.4 (93)

0 votes
tybaldwin January 30, 2017

Why has the option to use our own keys been removed? I'd prefer to use my own existing keys, rather than generate all new keys.

0 votes
MIke Jackson January 18, 2017

Every time I open a window for a repository I get the warning message. Which sucks when I am opening and closing 20 repos on a daily basis.

0 votes
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2017

Hi Everyone,

With 2.4 we added an option to have  SourceTree manage your SSH key per account - it generates the key and optionally adds to your SSH configuration. The warning just indicates when that isn't present. We did not detect existing SSH configurations and map them to accounts you've set up in ST.

Existing/configured SSH users should simply ignore the feature essentially, just set the protocol to SSH and continue on past the error message.  However, users should not be receiving the error message on a regular basis, which they are currently with 2.4.  A new bug has ben created, and assigned to a developer at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-4466.  Please follow this bug for the latest updates on a fix.

Cheers,
Gary 

ncr100 January 24, 2017

Thanks for the update Gary. Looking forward to using v2.4 after this bugfix.

Added my 'vote' to JIRA.

0 votes
Pencil Design House January 11, 2017

I have the same problem, then if I generate a key, then add it to Github in my case it seems not to be working!?

0 votes
olegshilov December 21, 2016

Hi. I have the similar issue here.
After upgrade to latest Sourcetree v2.4 (90) i get following error:
image2016-12-21 17:15:56.png

On Accounts tab in preferences app ask me to generate new keys for each account.

image2016-12-21 17:28:8.png

Seems like Sourcetree don't see my existing ssh key.

image2016-12-21 17:32:59.png

Is it possible to set my own SSH key?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events