Source tree has stopped showing "new" files

I must have toggled an option somewhere and I cannot figure it out.

SourceTree has suddenly stopped showing "new" files.

What I mean by this is that, it used to be that I would add a new file to a git controlled directory and it would appear in SourceTree's unstaged files window with the green plus icon next to it.

This no longer happens in any of my repositories.

SourceTree detects if I modify an existing file, but not a newly added file.

I confirmed that I do not have a global .gitignore.

I did a test. I created a brand new repository. No global .gitignore and no local .gitignore. I created a file in the directory but SourceTree ignores it.

Any suggestions?

3 answers

1 accepted

There is a dropdown above the file list. If you switched it to "Modified" instead of "Pending", it would only show tracked files that had changes.

It's worth mentioning that you'd also not see deleted or conflicted files.

Goodness!!! I see that option now... so I didn't need to go nuclear and do a complete reinstall! Next time! I'll be sure to keep the team updated.

Thank you Seth.

I don't know what the surgical response would be, but it works after I uninistalled GIT and SourceTree, deleted all Source Tree files I coudl find under the Windows App Data folder and then reinstalled the two items.....

Thanks John Rocha. That is what exactly happened to me....!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

261 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot