cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source tree 3.0.15.2611 does not start

bebjorn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 1, 2019

I had an old SourceTree 1.6.22.0 installed on a windows 7 machine and decided to update to the latest version 3.0.15.2611. Installation seamed to go fine but at startup i see the sourcetree logo and then the process dies silently after 20-30 seconds.

In the loggs i get this message. Any ideas what to do? I have tried reinstalling.

ERROR [2019-02-01 15:30:37,383] [1] [SourceTree.UI.OnboardingManager] [Log] - Unable to submit Finished Registration Analytics
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceTree.Host.Bitbucket.BitbucketHost.GetCanonicalUri(IConfigurationManager configurationManager)
at SourceTree.Host.Bitbucket.BitbucketHost.get_CanonicalUrl()
at SourceTree.Accounts.LegacyAccountPersistenceService.ConvertFromHostedAccounts(IEnumerable`1 hostedAccounts)
at SourceTree.Accounts.LegacyAccountPersistenceService.LoadAccounts()
at SourceTree.Accounts.AccountManager.LoadHostedAccounts()
at SourceTree.Accounts.AccountManager.get_HostedAccounts()
at SourceTree.UI.OnboardingManager.SubmitStartedRegistrationAnalytics()
ERROR [2019-02-01 15:30:39,099] [1] [SourceTree.UI.OnboardingManager] [Log] - Unable to submit Finished Registration Analytics
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceTree.Host.Bitbucket.BitbucketHost.GetCanonicalUri(IConfigurationManager configurationManager)
at SourceTree.Accounts.LegacyAccountPersistenceService.ConvertFromHostedAccounts(IEnumerable`1 hostedAccounts)
at SourceTree.Accounts.AccountManager.GetDefaultIdentityAccount()
at SourceTree.UI.OnboardingManager.SubmitFinishedRegistrationAnalytics(Boolean onboardingResult)
ERROR [2019-02-01 15:30:39,114] [1] [SourceTree.App] [Log] - Failed to start
at SourceTree.Accounts.AccountManager.GetDefaultIdentityAccount()
at SourceTree.UI.ViewModel.Welcome.AtlassianAccountStageViewModel.Activated()
at SourceTree.UI.View.Welcome.WelcomeWizardWindow..ctor(IBookmarkManager bookmarkManager, IInteractionsManager interactionsManager, IWebManager webManager, IDispatcher sourceTreeDispatcher, IConfigurationManager configurationManager, IAccountManager accountManager, IRepositoryManager repositoryManager, IDvcsManager dvcsManager, IRepoProcessFactory repoProcessFactory, IDownloadManager downloadManager, IHostManager hostManager, IHostUiManager hostUiManager, IAnalyticsDataManager analyticsDataManager, INotificationsManager notificationsManager, IEnumerable`1 stages)
at SourceTree.UI.OnboardingManager.Run()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnboardIfRequired()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.<OnStartup>d__31.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at SourceTree.App.<OnStartup>d__6.MoveNext()

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2019

Hi

I'd suggest deleting the %localappdata%/Atlassian/Sourcetree/accounts.json file. It looks like there might be an issue with its format in such a large update jump.

Depending on how tied you are to the existing configuration, I would suggest backing up that directory, then deleting it a and doing a clean re-install.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events