Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Tree stops working because of a large commit, how can I fix it?

adrian whipexx February 5, 2015

Hi, im using Source Tree+Bitbucket to sync a Visual Studio project between my laptop and my main computer. I've recently decided to sync it so the first commit was quite big, I'm assuming that it's because of this fact that my Source Tree is getting Ram and CPU like crazy. The fun part is that it initially worked and I pushed successfully the project to Bitbucket, but when I pullet it from the other computer (and when I restarted Source Tree on the computer that initially uploaded the project) it got completely stick.

I've tried to leave it for a few hours but I've come to the conclusion that I messed it pretty badly. I've read that there have been problems with similar things since +1.6.8, so this is why I've come here to ask the question.

Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

2 answers

1 vote
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2015

Hi Adrian,

Please update to v1.6.13, released today, and disable the Tree View option, as follows:

1. Open the Tools/Options menu item.
  2. Select the General tab.
  3. Uncheck the "Enable Tree view as a file list option" checkbox.

This should improve the responsive-ness.

0 votes
adrian whipexx February 5, 2015

Thanks for the quick response,
I managed to make my main computer stop freezing by commiting a small change and pushing it; it appears that this way it also stops the problem that was happening. As for the laptop updating to 1.6.13 solved the problem (I've also disabled the view as file option, just in case)

Again, thank you and have a good day.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events