Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Tree prepends "heads/" prefix while finish hotfix

and-rew June 5, 2018

Hi,

when I attempt to finish hotfix Source Tree (v2.5.5.0) prepends to hotfix name "heads/". So it crashes because such branch does not exist

Output:

sh.exe path\to\Atlassian\SourceTree\gitflow_local\gitflow\git-flow hotfix finish -f path\to\Temp\zwckkvmt.2cd heads/hotfix/hf5-test
Fatal: Branch 'hotfix/heads/hotfix/hf5-test' does not exist and is required.
Completed with errors, see above.

What's wrong? Is this a bug?

2018-06-05 17_06_59-Sourcetree.png

1 answer

1 vote
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2018

Hello! Could you try the latest version and see if this is still an issue? I'm unable to reproduce this issue on my machine.

https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/SourceTreeSetup-2.6.3.exe

and-rew June 6, 2018

Hi, Mike!

Obviously this issue is not depends on version. With the new one the problem still remain. Maybe I should clean some sort of temporary files, cache etc?

2018-06-06 10_03_14-Sourcetree.png

and-rew June 6, 2018

But I guess it is a bug. While fetching a hotfix name in a dropdown-list on finish hotfix form, so it correlates with the path .git\refs\heads and does not process it correctly. Why are you couldn't reproduce this bug, so it may depends on temp files as I assumed above

and-rew December 26, 2018

The problem still present in the newest version 3.0.12

martyvona April 10, 2020

just happened to me with 3.3.8

martyvona April 10, 2020

I think what happened is I had a tag with the same name as the branch.  Once I deleted that tag the prepending of "heads/" stopped for the branch.

Like 한호 likes this
한호 April 13, 2022

@martyvona You saved me thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events