Source Tree not letting me log in

neerav patel January 4, 2019

A few weeks ago, SourceTree just stopped allowing me to log in.  I had to switch to a different IDE (Sublime Merge).  I really liked SourceTree, and I dont know what has happened.

I tried a bunch of things.

1.) Reinstalling

2.) Cloning the repository from the start

3.) Removing all previous check outs

4.) Upgrading GIT

Nothing is working.  Git Bash and Sublime Merge all work properly.  Its just Source Tree.

Has anyone else experience this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2019

Hello! I'll need more info about this. What do you mean by "login?". Could you upload a screenshot?

If you haven't already, you might need to remove the git related credentials in the Windows Credential Manager.

neerav patel January 4, 2019

image.png

I get stuck here, and typing the password just doesnt seem to log in.  

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2019

Got it. This is probably an issue with the git-credential-manager-for-windows. Please download the latest version of that (or download and install the newest version of git for windows and make sure you check the "install git-credential-manager" checkbox). Make sure you restart Sourcetree (and that no other git.exe processes are running) and try again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events