Source Tree freezes when merging

Cameron Donley August 22, 2018

Every time I try to merge from another branch to my branch, source tree will have a progress bar forever. I've waited over an hour for anything to happen but nothing does.

If I do it through the terminal it works fine, it's only in the gui. This happens on more than one machine as well. I believe it's getting stuck after downloading the branch but it does not get to the filtering step.

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2018

Hello! I suspect file refreshing is stuck in a loop, could you try disabling auto-file refresh and try again (go to Tools > Options > General > Uncheck 'Refresh automatically when files change'). This has been fixed in the upcoming 3.0 release.

If it doesn't work after trying that, could you do the following for me?

• Open the Process Viewer by going to "Tools > Process Viewer"
  • Try the merge again, and observe what happens in the viewer (I suspect you'll see a ton of processes running)
  • If there's a single process that seems to be running forever then save the log or screenshot it so that I can see the details of the 'Caller Context' and 'Command" columns

Thanks!

Cameron Donley August 29, 2018

Tried the above and thought it worked but again ran into a merge that did not end. Here's the log I got https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XikXO8SGKsAVBZy-HAv2ncTvt9jRKiJL/view?usp=sharing

Cameron Donley August 29, 2018

I should note that using the terminal, this merge took under 5 seconds

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2018

What version of Sourcetree is this happening with? Is this on Windows or on the macOS?

Cameron Donley August 22, 2018

Version 2.6.10.0. Some machines might be on a higher version than this but this would be the lowest.

Windows

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events