Source Tree 1.8.3 suddenly stopped starting on Windows 10 Education

Was working just fine day before.

sourcetree.log is generated but is empty

1 answer

5 votes
Yash Malla May 31, 2016

I had the same problem few days ago. These steps worked for me - 

• Go to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local
  • Delete the Atlassian folder (CAUTION - This will delete all history and past logs. Do not do this if you need your data)
  • Re-install Source Tree

Hopefully, that works.
    If you need your data and cannot delete the app's history. In the same directory as 
    C:\Users\Yash\AppData\Local\Atlassian . Open the second folder with the name "SourceTree.exe_Url_********" or something similar and delete the previous versions of source tree.

Dmytro Iatsenko December 19, 2016

Thank you for help deleting the data in the folder C: \ Users \ Dimon \ AppData \ Local \ Atlassian \ SourceTree.exe_Url_yjhzxxhcu2ommegrdorjf3q1oqllqxiq

rkaur_kis June 13, 2017

I have deleted C: \ Users \ Dimon \ AppData \ Local \ Atlassian \ SourceTree.exe_Url_yjhzxxhcu2ommegrdorjf3q1oqllqxiq after my all bindings gets removed . How can i use my previous bindings ?

GolezTrol April 18, 2019

Thanks, this answer is still valid for 3.1.2! :-) 

I just installed SourceTree 3.1.2 (upgrading from 1.5.2), and apparently something went wrong. It didn't start, and neither did the installer. Removing the directory and running the installer again did the trick!

GolezTrol April 18, 2019

Btw, you can use Explorer and type or paste `%localappdata%` , which will take you straight to that folder, even if it is located elsewhere on the hard drive than in C:\Users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events