Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Tree Registration

Karl Kennedy August 11, 2017

Hi, 

I work for Lloyds Banking group and I am trying to roll out source tree onto our developers VDI machines. Our development VDI's are in a sandbox domain with completly no internet access. 

In order to install source tree it requires internet access to create an account, do you have a way to get aroud this?

I am happy for developers to create an register for an account from there main machine with internet access but how do I do the install into a sandboxed environment?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2017

Hi Karl, offline installation for SourceTree it's not available at the moment. You could create the Atlassian account beforehand, but you'll need an internet connection during the installation in order to register the application with the Atlassian account you previously created.

We understand the need for an offline registration process, so we're tracking direct feedback at SRCTREE-3593. Feel free to add your comments and specifics around your team's needs.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best regards,

Ana

Karl Kennedy August 11, 2017

Hi Ana, 

ok so no way we can use SourceTree then... that throws out setting up an on-premises BitBucket server. Shame we have spent a fair bit of time into trialling this we liked the product.

no way of copying over a license file? :(

Karl Kennedy August 14, 2017

Hi Ana, 

I have found a way to over-ride my proxy within Firefox to allow internet access (only from firefox) to register the software. But the sourcetree installer has an Iframe with IE only. 

any way I can register the software via firefox?

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2017

Hi Karl, I'm afraid it's not possible to register via Firefox. Please make sure to watch the Feature request ticket to receive updates on this subject, and let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events