Source Tree Group Repos Together

Is there a way to group Source Code Repos together? We have lots for Repos, and I was wondering if there is a way to group some repos tegether.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Feb 11, 2014

Windows

In SourceTree for Windows, you can right-click in the repository bookmarks window and select New Folder. This will create a folder and allow you to drag and drop repositories into to organize into groups.

OS X

In SourceTree for OS X, you can right-click in the bookmarks window and select New > Group to create a group which you can use to organize the repositories.

Both versions of SourceTree allow you to nest these folders/groups and expand or collapse them to show just the repositories you need.

On OSX, is there a way to open all the repositories in a group? I know in the Windows version of SourceTree I can easily switch between windows because they're listed on the left, but in OSX the bookmarks window is separate, so I have to switch to the bookmarks window before I can switch to another repository, making opening a whole bunch of repos at once a real chore.

Right click New > Group no longer appears to show up in OSX 10.12.3 in SourceTree 2.4.1 (97).  However, it appears you can create a new Group by clicking + New Repository button at the top then selecting New Repository Group.

I certainly would like the New > Group right click selection back.

+1 for the New > Group right click selection back.

Just wasted 10 minutes trying to add a new group and the New Repository Group method is the most un-intuitive thing I've found.

+1 as well, I though it has dissappeared completely.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

258 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot