Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorucetree/Git-flow not merging branches properly

George Williams April 28, 2016

I have been facing a weird issue with my SourceTree installation over the last several months.  Out of my team, only mine seems to be behaving this way but a complete reinstall of SourceTree 1.6 and even updating to the latest version of SourceTree has not resolved the issue.

Some background information:

SourceTree Version: 1.8.3.0

Embedded Git Version: 2.7.4

Git-lfs Version: 1.1.1

Embedded Mercurial Version: 3.2.3

Git-Flow: Yes

Git-Flow Settings:

[gitflow "branch"]
master = master
develop = develop
[gitflow "prefix"]
feature = feature/
release = release/
hotfix = hotfix/
support = support/
versiontag =

Now for the problem.  When ever I finish a feature and then push that feature to our Develop branch, my SourceTree completes with errors and also fails to create a merge commit.  In addition my commits appear as though they were done directly on the Develop branch, the historical chart for all of my feature commits is flat.

Some screen shots for examples:

This is a screen shot of the error I am seeing on pushing a finished feature to our Develop branch:

st_11_scrubbed.png

This is how the historical graph looks after the push to the Develop branch.  Note that the third commit is a 'Merge branch' commit.  This commit was made by a colleague yesterday, the two most recent commits are both mine.  Each had a feature created for it but when it is finished and pushed it looks as if SourceTree/Git-Flow did not properly execute. 

st_12_scrubbed.png

I have had the main Atlassian know-alls on my team examine the issue and they also could not figure out why this was happening.  I have tried reinstallations of 1.6.4 and a completely fresh install of 1.8.3.  This still continues to happen.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
George Williams April 29, 2016

No, I have not but I don't know if the Bitbucket leads have done something so that a different version of git-flow is installed or not .  To be sure though I just spent the better part of today reinstalling SourceTree (had some issues uninstalling an old local Git installation) and cleared out the appdata as well.  Did a fresh install and when I ran git-flow for the first time and watch the console log I saw it create the Support workflow.

Still facing the same issue as in the op.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2016

Have you modified your embedded git installation to use a different git-flow plugin than the one that is built in? The reason I ask is that the plugin included by default is the original gitflow, which does not include "support/" workflows. 

There is an old feature request trying to get Atlassian to replace the no-longer-supported nvie gitflow with the avh fork, which you may have installed: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-1394

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events