Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared project HD for two computer with two sourcetree installed

Oliver Kuchendorf September 16, 2019

Hi guys, I am relatively new to this and already apologize for the little confused way to explain.

I used to work on my Mac with SourceTree and my projects. Now I share the same Project HD between my Mac and My PC. On both systems I have Sourcetree installed and my idea was to edit on both computers my original files.

The problem I have now is that I seem to cant get Sourcetree working like that. When I try to Add now a local (on the shared disc) repository it works first fine

BUT once the repository is opened and I want to do anything like (commit a change) UI get a permission error. 

This is an example error:

error: unable to write sha1 filename .git/objects/69/42e10f8648cf9db96857fa7092653a63b07d20: Permission denied
error: seven/inc/modules/ReduxCore/assets/css/vendor/qtip/jquery.qtip.min.css: failed to insert into database
error: unable to index file seven/inc/modules/ReduxCore/assets/css/vendor/qtip/jquery.qtip.min.css
fatal: adding files failed

This happen to all my repositories. 

what I am doing wrong and is this even possible what I try to do? Since both use the same project folder I would like to have on both the same repository as well. Of course I could clone the repository but then I miss always at one computer the history of the commits from the other.

Thank you for your tips

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events