cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup SSH key

Craig Pennington
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2019

What seems to be the latest help on setting up SSH keys for SourceTree on windows is this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/configure-multiple-ssh-identities-for-gitbash-mac-osx-linux-271943168.html

It says to use "Tools > Create or Import SSH Keys".  That does not exist in Sourcetree 3.0.15.

There is "Tools > Add SSH Key..." and I tried that loading a key I'm sure worked before.  Not now.  Nothing about creating a new key.  There is "Tools > Launch SSH Agent" which does nothing.

I've spent hours and hours trying to solve SourceTree access issues.  It should not be this hard.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2019

Hi

The Create or Import button refers to PuTTYGen rather than Sourcetree.

If you are using PuTTY/Pageant you should, once you have a key pair that is registered with Bitbucket, be able to set in Tools/Options/General tab:

* SSH Key: path to your key
* SSH Client : PuTTY/PLink
* Automatically start SSH agent... : checked

When Sourcetree starts it should check if Pageant is running and if not start it asking it to load the specified key. If the key requires a password Pageant will prompt you.

That should then work

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events