I have written an extdiff script to allow for diffing the text of documents like Microsoft Office XML and CDF files, and OpenOffice files. It takes its inspiration from the oodif-odt2txt combination, but uses Apache Tika for file type detection and conversion. I use kdiff3 for the actual diff GUI.
The main problem I ran into when setting it up was PATH-related. SourceTree sets up its own PATH, so you must specify the full path to your script, and if you are calling any ancillary scripts for within the main script their path will have to be specified. My script lives in ~/bin, and calls a number of other scripts in there, so I found that the easiest solution was to add
export PATH="$PATH:$(dirname $0)"
at the top of the main script.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs