Setting up custom merge tool in SourceTree - Code compare

Robert Sirre January 28, 2015

I'm trying to setup Devart Code compare as the merge tool.

The documentation of Devart Code compare states that it required the following:

/TF="path to remote" /MF="path to local" /BF="path to base" /RF="path to merged"

When I translate this to the argument to be entered in Sourcetree, whtis would be:

/TF="$REMOTE" /MF="$LOCAL" /BF="$BASE" /RF="$MERGED"

However, when I that what is actually being executed, I see that the command line is (I'm trying to merge my Gitignore file):

"c:\Program Files\Devart\Code Compare\CodeMerge.exe" "C:/Program Files (x86)/Git/TF=./.gitignore.REMOTE.1120.gitignore" "C:/Program Files (x86)/Git/MF=./.gitignore.LOCAL.1120.gitignore" "C:/Program Files (x86)/Git/BF=./.gitignore.BASE.1120.gitignore" "C:/Program Files (x86)/Git/RF=.gitignore"

The backslahes seem to have been replaced with the paths to Git. When I try to escape the backslag with another backslash, I get:

"c:\Program Files\Devart\Code Compare\CodeMerge.exe" "//TF=./.gitignore.REMOTE.1120.gitignore" //MF=./.gitignore.LOCAL.1120.gitignore //BF=./.gitignore.BASE.1120.gitignore //RF=.gitignore"

which doesn't work either.

Is there anything I can do to correct the argument that needs to be passed as forward slash?

3 answers

1 vote
Jakub Pierzchała
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

Hi Robert

This setting will work:

Diff command: C:\Program Files\Devart\Code Compare\Codemerge.exe

Arguments: -MF=\"$LOCAL\" -TF=\"$REMOTE\" -BF=\"$BASE\" -RF=\"$MERGED\"

0 votes
Robert Sirre January 29, 2015

Hi Seth, thanks for your response. I tried that already too, but no luck so far.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

Try using the other type of slash to escape:

\/TF=...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events