Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set git-credential-manager.exe path - Error introduced with update 2.6.6.0

Thomas Flinkow June 13, 2018

Since the new update 2.6.6.0 I cannot fetch, push or pull anymore.
I always get

C:/Users/Thomas: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `('
C:/Users/Thomas: line 1: `[23C0:232C][2016-12-18T13:06:59]i001: Burn v3.7.2002.0, Windows v6.3 (Build 9600: Service Pack 0), path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages\Microsoft.VisualC.Redist.12,version=12.0.21005,chip=x64\vcredist_x64.exe, cmdline: '/q /norestart /log C:\Users\Thomas Flinkow\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_setup_20161218124046_407_Microsoft.VisualC.Redist.12.log -burn.unelevated BurnPipe.{36C00955-38E5-484D-8567-FF727B2DF90C} {CA205743-F988-4A86-BD25-CEBE5D43A9BB} 9360''

I was able to narrow down the search for the cause of the  error and found out that it is due to a whitespace character in my user folder name, i.e. this is the fetch command

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks -c credential.helper= -c "credential.helper=C:/Users/Thomas Flinkow/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/git_extras/git-credential-manager.exe" fetch --prune --tags origin

And the error occurs because of the whitespace character in

credential.helper=C:/Users/Thomas Flinkow/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/git_extras/git-credential-manager.exe

The error did not occur before the update and I need to find a fix as soon as possible to continue with my work.

I thought about simply moving the git-credential-manager.exe to another location not containing whitespace characters, but I could not find an option to specify its path in Sourcetree.

How can I set the git-credential-manager.exe in Sourcetree? I do not want to have to use the console whenever I want to fetch, push or pull. As it is right now, Sourcetree is almost unusable.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2018

Hi

Yes unfortunately we didn't pick up that use case in our testing.

We have a fix in progress, for now I would suggest downgrading to v2.5.5 https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/SourceTreeSetup-2.5.5.exe 

and watching for updates https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-8777

Stephen Peterson June 18, 2018

This is still an issue in version the latest version 2.6.6. I have the EXACT same problem as described by the gentleman above, a white space in the path to my user folder. In my case C:\Users\Stephen Peterson

Once downgrading to v2.2.5, everything is OK

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2018

If you upgrade to 2.6.9 it should now be fixed.

koostinskyd June 29, 2018

Had the similar problem with "git-credential-manager.exe"  but not the same. Sorry just can't delete the comment.

In case of changed password app didn't prompt for the new one, just reports about faulted attempts of the pull command. (2.6.6, 2.6.9)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events