Resolve Conflicts with external tool is not working.

thedanielfactor December 19, 2011

When I click resolve using external merge tool it is not opening anything. I have tried DiffMerge and FileMerge neither work. I need to be able to resolve confilcts from sourcetree.

5 answers

1 vote
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2012

The issue is actually that the 'opendiff' command is how FileMerge is invoked by git/hg and with the App Store version of XCode on a clean machine this may not be on your path.

This Knowledge Base article should hopefully help you resolve this problem: http://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=267258218

0 votes
Maxime Lecomte April 16, 2012

I added some informations to the article you pointed to me.

0 votes
Maxime Lecomte April 15, 2012

Tanks you for your answer

0 votes
Maxime Lecomte April 12, 2012

Hi,

I Have the same problem. i try to resolve some conflicts with external merge tool and the merge tools never open.

- I'm using git

- it's a .m from and XCode project. (Objective-c)

- version of sourceTree is 1.3.3

It seems that it appear since the new XCode 4.3 and since all the Developers Tools are now in the XCode package. I found File merge : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Applications

And i don't see any settings in sourceTree to set the directory of file merge.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2011

This works fine for me, please provide some specifics:

1. Mercurial or Git
  2. Type of file
  3. SourceTree version
  4. Location of your FileMerge and DiffMerge binaries

Does 'hg resolve' or 'git mergetool' work on the command line?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events