Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset external diff/merge tool (KDiff3) path

dan_pse February 24, 2018

I am trying to set up SourceTree to use KDiff3 for the external diff tool and external merge tool.

The first time you set the menus to KDiff3 and hit OK, a dialog appears requiring you to find the location of the KDiff3 executable.

I accidentally used the Start Menu shortcut instead of the actual file, but now I can't figure out how to change the path (the dialog doesn't appear once you've initially set it).

How can I change the file path of the KDiff3.exe?

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2018

Hi

If you want to do it in Sourcetree, in the Tools/Options/Diff select a 'Custom' diff and merge tool and select a random .exe then OK the Tools/Options dialog. Then re-open and change it back to KDiff3. 

That should all have the effect of overwriting and then resetting the external diff/merge settings.

Alternatively use the git command line to clear difftool.sourcetree.cmd and mergetool.sourcetree.cmd using

>git config --global --unset difftool.sourcetree.cmd

etc

Then reset in Sourcetree

Schroef April 11, 2020

When you select "Custom" should it show a dialog? Also when you do set it to a different one, all the code in the fields is reset. SHould it show default code there?

I was trying to get Custom working again and decadently changed the first one. THen remembered i had same issue before and need google what code should be in those fields.

merge-diff-fields-reset-onchang.png.png

Schroef April 11, 2020

Where can i actually apply that command ?

git config --global --unset difftool.sourcetree.cmd

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events