Repository downloading as invisible files

sfyfe August 22, 2013

I've just pulled a bunch of Mercurial repository's from BitBucket and I've found that 2 of them (out of 5) have come down as invisible files which all have a ".i" appended to the filenames.

I could manually pull the files out and batch rename them, but I'd rather find out what's caused this to happen. I find it especially odd that 3 of the repo's downloaded completely fine.

I'm on the latest version of SourceTree (1.6.3.1), running Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks. I've tried removing the repositories in question and adding them again but the same thing happens.

2 answers

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013

Hi Scott,

I'm one of the SourceTree developers. SourceTree works on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and upwards and on Windows 7 upwards just to clear up what Lucas mentioned. (EDIT: Also done testing on Mavericks and SourceTree appears to work fine in there, too)

It sounds like the repositories in question do actually contain these files because typically you checkout to a folder with no files in it otherwise you get a warning. Have you checked the repository itself to see if these files exist?

Cheers

sfyfe August 25, 2013

As I've already explained, the files are present but they are invisible files with a ".i" appended to each individual file. I have to use the command "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE" in terminal, in order to see them. Otherwise its a completely empty folder

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2013

Hi Scott,

Very strange behaviour. I believe that this issue require a support ticket. Please raise a support ticket at href="https://support">https://support.atlassian.com.

However, Atlassian only supports Source Tree running on the latest production version of OS X or Windows, so please place your tests under Mountain Lion isntead off Mavericks.

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events