Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove endless merge branch commited

celsomtrindade December 6, 2017

I have a project I'm working on and it's using Git Flow to create/merge branches. There were a release branch that when I finished it (using the GitFlow buttons) it generated a weird branch named "Merge branch master into develop" and it has an endless line from that point all the way past the first commit, like the image below.

commit.jpg

As you can see, the yellow line is goin nowhere and I don't know what caused this. I'm using sourcetree and the project is also online, on a bitbucket repository.

Before I could get rid of it by changing the option from "All branches" to "Current branch" but now it's always showing that yellow branch.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2017

Hi

To be honest I'm not quite following the problem.
Looking at the image the yellow line/branch completes by merging back into the red line/branch, with the commit message 'Merge branch master into develop'.

celsomtrindade December 8, 2017

It does merge. But it comes from nowhere. The very first commit is the one with the tag `1.0.0`. The yellow line doesn't start anywhere.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events