Remote will not save

Jeff Denton August 29, 2012

Hello - I am trying to add a new remote for one of my repositories. I click New Remote, enter a Remote name, select the URL/Path from the list (after clicking the world icon) and click OK. The remote shows up in my Remote Repository Path list. I click ok to close the Remote repository path list. I then go to make an intial commit to the remote repository but the checkbox labeled 'Push commits immediately to:' is grayed out and I cannot select my remote from the pick list. I've tried this about 10 times now and cannot get the remote to save.

I've been able to save 2 other remotes last week. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2012

Very strange - can you take a look inside the .git/config file in your repo to see if the remote is actually being saved there? Does it show in the Settings window after you've added it (if you re-open the window)?

SourceTree just gets the remote list for the push dialog from 'git remote -v' in the end.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events