Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Remote repository no longer accessible

Everything was fine and then I tried to clone a new repository today and there is a red X on my user name in the Remote window. 

When I hover over it it says...

Unable to read memberships for the user from the remote host

Failed to list teams for user (my user name)

This endpoint has been removed. 

I can go to the clone window and clone the repository from there by hand. 

Please advise on how to fix. 

14 answers

2 votes

This looks like a breaking bug - the Bitbucket API endpoint has changed but SourceTree has not been updated to match.  I don't think there's anything we can do until SourceTree is updated or the API is modified.

Personally I'm going to look around for a new Git client.

After updating to version 3.4.7, click the "Refresh" button next to your list of repos and it should call the new API instead of attempting to use the old broken one.

Like # people like this

Solution:

After updating to version 3.4.7, click the "Refresh" button next to your list of repos and it should call the new API instead of attempting to use the old broken one.

Other possible workarounds:

1. Update Sourcetree to version 3.4.7
  2. Go to Remote > "Edit Accounts" and delete your saved accounts.
  3. Close Sourcetree
  4. Restart your computer
  5. Open Sourcetree
  6. Go to Remote > "Add an account"
  7. In the dialog window that appears, choose your host and add your credentials (if you're using basic authentication, be sure to enter your username rather than your email address, otherwise you'll get a cryptic error message)
  8. Click "Refresh OAuth Token" or "Refresh Password"
  9. On the list of repos, click "Refresh".

For the record, I'm having this problem, and I just started with version 3.4.7 that I just installed today, never had an earlier one. The "refresh" workaround appears to work, BUT, I have to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME I start the program.

That's still very broken to me and should be addressed.

@Alan Karna - Darn, looks like you're right. Thankfully it only take a few seconds to refresh, but that's really something that Atlassian needs to fix.

Like Alan Karna likes this

Updating manually to the latest Sourcetree fixed this issue for me (ver 3.4.7). If you still have a red cross on your Avatar icon, re-check the pop-up tooltip error, it might be a secondary issue and not the original issue discussed here.

After updating to 3.4.7.0, I still get the red X overlay with no repositories shown. Here is the tooltip I see:

SourceTree.jpg

Clicking on Refresh will then show the repositories.

Sorry, I should clarify - I've cleared the first error "Unable to read memberships for the user from the remote host" and am now just getting the "Failed to list teams for user" which I'm continuing to troubleshooting to resolve.

Edit: Ahh, found the problem - you need to deselect "Show Organization Repos" tickbox. Easy!

Like ma_arizag likes this

For me, that does make the red X overlay go away, but the repositories are still not shown. With "Show Organizational Repos" unchecked, clicking on Refresh does not show them.

I have this issue as well, it won't list my remote repos when I deselect show organization repos. But when i selected it again and refreshed it worked

Like Bitman32 likes this

It looks like you just have to click the "Refresh" button next to the list of repos. The checkbox doesn't seem to matter.

Facing the same problem. 

Am I the only one that find it extremely unprofessional, that they would deprecate their API, but not change it in their own software? 

Luckily it's easy to migrate repositories to Githhub, takes a couple of minutes a piece, so that's what we'll be doing. 

Thankfully, the workaround appears to be simple. Update Sourcetree to version 3.4.7 and then click Refresh next to your list of repos, at which point it should start using the new API endpoint.

Any suggestions? I am using sourcetree 3.4.7 on a new PC and 3.4.6 on my laptop. It used to work on the laptop, then stopped working, strangely enough at the same time as when I tried to install sourcetree on the new PC. Gives the message "Failed to list teams for user [username] This endpoint has been removed"

I have no idea why, but when I got both of my laptops on 3.4.7, it magically worked. When I try to add a remote repository, it still shows an X overlay over my avatar and no repositories listed. But, when I click on Refresh, the overlay goes away and the repositories appear.

Like ChrisRogersWebDev likes this

Holy sh*t! My avatar had the red X, and then I pressed refresh like you said and magically the red X was removed and all the repos were listed.

Had to work out some credential helper section thing, but it seems to work now.

Thanks very much!

Like ChrisRogersWebDev likes this

I have no idea what the root cause was/is.  This cost me days of time and worry. Manually getting both laptops on 3.4.7 magically got it working for me. Every time I start SourceTree, it will still show  the red X overlay, but I can live with it.

Glad it helped someone.

the red x has now magically disappeared for me ?! It would be nice to get an explanation from Atlassian, has eaten up a lot of people's time.

Even though it said program had the latest version, this was not correct. Once I updated from 3.3 to 3.4 it started to work properly.

I had the same problem for days. Tools / Options / Updates reported SourceTree was up to date on version 3.3. Went to Atlassian site and manually downloaded and installed 3.4.7, problem went away.

We updated and it did not resolve the issue.

0 votes

facing the same 

0 votes

fyi same problem

FYI, experiencing the same problem too.

0 votes

It now works. Didn't change anything. I'm still on Sourcetree version 3.4.7.0

Looks like they changed something online.

same problem

0 votes

same problem

FYI, I am also experiencing the same problem too, Can you please suggest the solution?

FYI, experiencing the same problem too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

7,199 views 5 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you