Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering Sourcetree - Login to Bitbucket account not working

alfredbulbasaur January 22, 2019

Hi, I'm trying to install Sourcetree and getting stuck on the registration step.  When prompted to pick between Bitbucket Server and Bitbucket, I'm selecting Bitbucket, which sends me off to the Bitbucket website.  I then sign in there without any problems, I get asked to confirm access to my account and then when I click "Grant access" it fails - in Chrome i get a message saying "This site can't provide a secure connection", similar in IE.  Sourcetree itself just sits there "waiting for login to finish".  

I've tried this in both Chrome and IE, and I've tried with a couple of different wifi networks just in case there's anything getting blocked or whatever, and I've even tried creating a new account from scratch just in case something's wrong there, but that hasn't helped either.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Hi Nick, welcome to the Community!

Can you check if Internet Explorer is updated to the latest version? (We've seen issues with the authentication caused by older versions). If it's updated and still not working, please try the following:

• Turn off compatibility mode in IE. To do that, open Internet Explorer, go to the Advanced options tab and click on Reset your Internet Explorer Settings
  • Check Delete personal settings
  • Change your Internet Explorer Security Zone Settings:
  1. Open IE, click on the gear and select "Internet Options"
  2. Select the "Security" tab
  3. Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  4. Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)
  5. Try logging into Sourcetree again

After logging in, follow steps 1-4, but reset the setting back to the previous option.

If the above fails, can you also check the log and see if it provides any further information?You can find it at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.log.

Cheers!

Ana

alfredbulbasaur January 23, 2019

Thanks for this Ana, the first solution of resetting my IE settings seems to have done the trick, all up and running now!

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2019

Woohoo! Glad to hear that :D 

Praveen Kumar June 18, 2021

Actually today when I tried to install sourcetree, I also faced the same problem. I followed the method suggested but after that too the problem persists.
Kindly help.

Thanks1.jpg 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events