Refresh doesn't work at all

Patrick January 16, 2018

Hi community,

I'm using the latest Sourcetree version (2.4.7.0) with the following settings:

Repo_Settings.JPG

However, Sourcetree will not refresh anything until I click on Fetch/Pull or close the entire program and open it again.

Even my working copy files won't be refreshed until I close the program and open it again!

I suppose that you can imagine how annoying this is to constantly open and close Sourcetree just to be able stage your own files in order to commit them.

Is this a known problem or is there a working solution for this?

(By the way, I've already tried un-installing and re-installing Sourcetree without any improvements.)

Thank you in advance for any help!

3 answers

1 vote
abioneperhobby January 16, 2020

git-fork support answered me how to deactivate ssl check, the only why i still using sourcetree

bye bye atlassian.

0 votes
Andrei Isopescu December 29, 2022

For me it worked after I've closed and re-opened the local repository. Before this I've checked and unchecked the 'Refresh when application is not in focus' option and restarted SourceTree.

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2018

Hello! If you hit F5 to refresh, does that work? Additionally, can you check the per-repo settings and check if "Automatically refresh" is enabled? To do that:

• Open the repo
  • Click "Settings" in the top right corner
  • Click "Advanced"
  • Make sure "Automatically refresh" is enabled

Alternatively, you can uncheck "Refresh automatically when application is not in focus". Unchecking that box will cause Sourcetree to refresh only when you focus on the app, so switching back and forth should trigger a refresh.

Patrick January 18, 2018

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your answer! I checked my Repository Settings as you suggested and "Automatically refresh" has already been enabled all the time.

Settings.JPG

So there must be another reason why Sourcetree doesn't refresh on my system.

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hmm... could you try the second part of my answer? Try unchecking "Refresh automatically when application is not in focus" in the general settings and see if Sourcetree refreshes when you switch back to the application.

If that doesn't work, the only other thing I can think of is that you may have an anti-virus that prevents Sourcetree from detecting file changes via the file watcher. If you suspect that an AV is not interfering then we can move on and I can give you steps to giving me a log file.

Patrick January 29, 2018

Unchecking "Refresh automatically when application is not in focus" works! Sourcetree refreshes now when I switch back to it. So this solution is sufficiant to work with. Thanks!

MaxAlekseyev March 25, 2018

IMHO, it will be better if SourceTree will refresh the changes in background. That will allow me to see the project stage on the second display in real time.

Mateusz Respondek January 14, 2020

Hi, after todays update (v 3.3.6.3829 on Windows 10) automatic refresh does not work on my computer. I did try suggested solutions, but it doesn't help. Any other solutions?

Steve January 15, 2020

Same here for v 3.3.6.3829 on Windows 10

Steve January 15, 2020

FYI there appears to be a bug ticket for this here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-7108

Like Mateusz Respondek likes this
abioneperhobby January 16, 2020

me and my coworker use same version of updated windows 10 and updated client in same project with same network and same everything but in my client refresh works and in the client of my coworker not, he needs to press F5 anytime.

bug has a low priority ... this is madness! 

Joshua Draper February 25, 2020

This has been an issue for me for months. Fresh install following documentation on how to clear all Source Tree settings and it still occurs.

I have noticed on smaller repos this seems to not be an issue, however on large repos I have to constantly press F5 on the Commit screen when staging/unstaging files.

Like Federico Piantoni likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events