Refresh doesn't work at all

Hi community,

I'm using the latest Sourcetree version (2.4.7.0) with the following settings:

Repo_Settings.JPG

However, Sourcetree will not refresh anything until I click on Fetch/Pull or close the entire program and open it again.

Even my working copy files won't be refreshed until I close the program and open it again!

I suppose that you can imagine how annoying this is to constantly open and close Sourcetree just to be able stage your own files in order to commit them.

Is this a known problem or is there a working solution for this?

(By the way, I've already tried un-installing and re-installing Sourcetree without any improvements.)

Thank you in advance for any help!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Jan 16, 2018

Hello! If you hit F5 to refresh, does that work? Additionally, can you check the per-repo settings and check if "Automatically refresh" is enabled? To do that:

• Open the repo
  • Click "Settings" in the top right corner
  • Click "Advanced"
  • Make sure "Automatically refresh" is enabled

Alternatively, you can uncheck "Refresh automatically when application is not in focus". Unchecking that box will cause Sourcetree to refresh only when you focus on the app, so switching back and forth should trigger a refresh.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your answer! I checked my Repository Settings as you suggested and "Automatically refresh" has already been enabled all the time.

Settings.JPG

So there must be another reason why Sourcetree doesn't refresh on my system.

Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Jan 18, 2018

Hmm... could you try the second part of my answer? Try unchecking "Refresh automatically when application is not in focus" in the general settings and see if Sourcetree refreshes when you switch back to the application.

If that doesn't work, the only other thing I can think of is that you may have an anti-virus that prevents Sourcetree from detecting file changes via the file watcher. If you suspect that an AV is not interfering then we can move on and I can give you steps to giving me a log file.

Unchecking "Refresh automatically when application is not in focus" works! Sourcetree refreshes now when I switch back to it. So this solution is sufficiant to work with. Thanks!

IMHO, it will be better if SourceTree will refresh the changes in background. That will allow me to see the project stage on the second display in real time.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

862 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you