Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about push in GUI

Greg Silverman February 12, 2015

Sometimes sourcetree visually indicates that I have commits to push, but, I have no commits since my last pull. Does pull-ing cause this? Is this a bug in sourcetree? The git command line tools do not indicate I have anything to push.

3 answers

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2015

If you had commits that needed pushed before you pulled, they will still need pushed after. Additionally, if the pull created a merge commit, that will need pushed as well. If both situations apply, only one push is needed.

0 votes
Greg Silverman February 12, 2015

Yes, the pull did result in a merge.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2015

If you could get a screenshot, that'd be helpful. Pulling shouldn't cause SourceTree to think you need to push, unless you committed before the pull, and the pull resulted in a merge or rebase.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events