Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root


1 badge earned


Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!


Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.


Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!


Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members
Community Events
Community Groups

Push from sourcetree does not reach the website


Hi everybody,

I'm having a odd error with my git and I wonder if someone can help me solve it. In short, the commits and pushes I have on my computer's Sourcetree do not match those on the online repo and can't be accessed by other computers. 

It started when, trying to make a large commit + push through Sourcetree, the loading bar seemed to have gotten stuck, even after I left it for several hours. The output log didn't show advances either.  I decided to cancel and see what was happening. However, when I canceled, sourcetree showed that the push had been successful and was in the repo. I left it at that but, in trying to clone the repo to another computer, I noticed that, online, that commit does not appear at all.  I have not received an error message of any kind.

I've tried making more pushes from the computer, but they have the same result.  When trying to use the command line, I get a message stating the repo is up to date.

I've updated sourcetree to the latest version, and am still finding this issue. Has anyone encountered it before? If so what can I do to solve it?


2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey everybody, it seems it was all due to an authentification error. The solution here found by Brian was the one that worked for me:

 Just remember to delete the passwd file from the altassian folder while sourcetree is closed.

I'm leaving it here in case anyone encounters the same error.



Just more information: I tried again through the command line and, although it seems it is being slowly pushed, it keeps getting interrupted by password requests for the repo. Despite me placing the correct password over and over again, they just keep popping up. I'm not sure if this is related, but I thought I'd share anyway.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events