It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Problems when pushing and pulling

When I do a Fetch or a Commit do not appear any pull or push respectively. I try to unistall the programme and reinstall, but the issue is still there. What should I do to solve it?

1 answer

Hi @Ferran Labrador

We will need a little bit more context on what are you trying to achieve.

• What do you mean by pull and push not appearing when you do a fetch and commit?

If you are just talking about repository operations, this is the normal set of steps when using a repository:

• Fetch or Pull changes (the pull command includes a fetch and merge in the local working directory)
  • Edit the files
  • Commit the changes
  • Push the changes to the remote repository

All of the above are manual actions unless you configure something in your environment to do some of them automatically for you.

Please let me know if this makes sense or if I'm misunderstanding you.

Hi @Daniel Santos 

The problem is that when someone has applied changes and I do a fetch, then I can't do a pull of this changes because the SourceTree is not detecting this changes.

The same happen when I edit files and commit them. When I try to push them to the repository I can't do it because the SourceTree does not detect this changes.

Hi @Ferran Labrador

What happens if you try to checkout the repository using the terminal without source tree?
Are you able to checkout the code with the new changes?

Let's try to isolate sourcetree to check if the problem is related to it or not. I'll move this question to the Sourcetree collection.

Hi @Daniel Santos 

I'm going to check if in the repository I can open the file with the new changes. Once I check it I let you know.

Hi @Daniel Santos

I've checked the repository and I can checkout the code with the new changes.

So the problem is in sourcetree.

Manju Atlassian Team Sep 30, 2019

Is this on Windows? or macOS? What version of Sourcetree are you using? Is the repo using https or ssh? 

Finally I've solved the issue cloning again the repository.

Thank you 

Like Daniel Santos likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,942 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you