Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems cloning repository from bitbucket

Carlos Delgado Jurado February 15, 2022

I'm trying to clone a bitbucket repository but after introducing the URL it says that this is not a valid path and if I click on Details it says that the username or password is invalid

If I enter the URL , it shows an error message and this code: fdf9fdb3024a4fcba49a3e83ff0c0ac7

I tried to delete authentication data, adding again the user, refreshing OAuth Token and reinstalling Sourcetree but the problem persists and I think I made it worse because it won't let me push to previously added repositories that worked fine just before trying to add this new repository. It returns remote:invalid username or password, and fatal: authentication failed.

I don't think the provided username and password are invalid, because I can login to bitbucket.

Also if I open the Remote tab, the remote repositories don't appear and my account's picture has a red X that on hover shows this message:

S3.PNG

If I click the Refresh button, the red X disappears and the remote repositories appear. This is not a big issue but it probably is related to the previous errors.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Delgado Jurado February 15, 2022

I finally solved it by deleting the passwd file located in: User>AppData>Local>Atlassian>Sourcetree>passwd

And then re-installing and login with credentials (probably re-installing wasn't necessary).

Chris Holmes February 16, 2022

I only had to delete passwd.  re-install wasn't needed.

Thanks for the fix!

Like Carlos Delgado Jurado likes this
Ricardo Gamarski September 13, 2022

I'll try. Thank you!!!

Leon Schmetz March 17, 2023

Thank you, life saver! I was stuck in the loop and did not find a chance to enter the application key. After deleting the password file, I could!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events