Please support git notes

Git notes allow users to attach bits of metadata to git objects without changing them. So, for example, your build system might attach the results of running a build to a commit, or you might attach code review comments to a commit. Right now Sourcetree doesn't offer any way of viewing or editing these notes, which is unfortunate, since there are lots of interesting uses for notes.

I would love it if ST would add support for at least viewing notes that exist on commits, since they are typically used to augment the history of the project. (As a technical detail, I believe all notes should be shown, as though --notes-ref=* were passed to the git notes command.) It would also be nice to support adding new notes, though I wouldn't consider that critical.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

This is the first I've heard of this feature!

Logged here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-917

Great, thanks!

Has this suggestion be incorporated into ST yet?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

844 views 3 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you