It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Please support git notes

Git notes allow users to attach bits of metadata to git objects without changing them. So, for example, your build system might attach the results of running a build to a commit, or you might attach code review comments to a commit. Right now Sourcetree doesn't offer any way of viewing or editing these notes, which is unfortunate, since there are lots of interesting uses for notes.

I would love it if ST would add support for at least viewing notes that exist on commits, since they are typically used to augment the history of the project. (As a technical detail, I believe all notes should be shown, as though --notes-ref=* were passed to the git notes command.) It would also be nice to support adding new notes, though I wouldn't consider that critical.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

This is the first I've heard of this feature!

Logged here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-917

Great, thanks!

Has this suggestion be incorporated into ST yet?

What is the status of adding git notes? Is it added, and how can I use it with BitBucket? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,955 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you