Please support git notes

Nathan Gray February 29, 2012

Git notes allow users to attach bits of metadata to git objects without changing them. So, for example, your build system might attach the results of running a build to a commit, or you might attach code review comments to a commit. Right now Sourcetree doesn't offer any way of viewing or editing these notes, which is unfortunate, since there are lots of interesting uses for notes.

I would love it if ST would add support for at least viewing notes that exist on commits, since they are typically used to augment the history of the project. (As a technical detail, I believe all notes should be shown, as though --notes-ref=* were passed to the git notes command.) It would also be nice to support adding new notes, though I wouldn't consider that critical.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2012

This is the first I've heard of this feature!

Logged here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-917

Nathan Gray March 1, 2012

Great, thanks!

Chris Nieass April 20, 2015

Has this suggestion be incorporated into ST yet?

Edward J Peguillan III February 1, 2019

What is the status of adding git notes? Is it added, and how can I use it with BitBucket? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events