Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance bug trying to view history of a text file with extension .xml

andyhaack March 14, 2020

When trying to review changes on a text file with extension ,xml (size 408k), one CPU maxes out and the UI freezes for about 5 minutes.

Did anyone else come across this?

1. Click on the problematic file to review it's change history

1. click on the problematic file.png

2. The UI doesn't respond anymore for about 5 minutes, while CPU is up

2. the screen freezes for 5-10 minutes while CPU is up.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ranjith Chazhoor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2020

Hi Andy, welcome to the Community! 

Noticed that you are running Win7 in a VM. Performance issues are bound to happen on VMs. Does it happen outside the VM too?

Also, how many changes does this file have? 
(run the git diff command on that file) 

By any chance do you have an anti-virus that’s locking the file?

andyhaack September 23, 2020

Hi Ranjith,

Thanks for looking at this. This is not a VM, this is Windows 7 directly on a laptop and there is no lock on the file.

It also doesn't seem to be related to the number of changes on the file at all, but still on the content somehow as I recognized that for one recent change of about 20 lines (out of total file size 415KB), Sourcetree is hanging on 100% CPU, but only for about 8 seconds.

For the previous change however, which was just one single code line modified, it was hanging on 100% CPU for more than 4 minutes before I decided to kill the process.

Any ideas? If you let me know where I could upload the problematic file, I would send you the files of these two change examples.

Thanks,

Andy

Ranjith Chazhoor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2020

Thanks for the clarifications, Andy!

Any ideas? If you let me know where I could upload the problematic file, I would send you the files of these two change examples. 

This seems like a good idea. We have opened a ticket for you and you may upload the files there (2 copies - one before and one after the change). You will receive an email notification that will guide you.

Ranjith Chazhoor
Atlassian Team
October 5, 2020

Hi Andy, 

Thought of gently reminding you on this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events