Password field does not display in Source Tree installer on Mac

I'm trying to install Source Tree on my Mac after successfully installing it on Windows, but I get stuck where I'd expect to enter my password. The UI does not display a password field.

Steps:

1. Download Source Tree installer for Mac

2. Unzip it

3. Launch it

4. Click Do not move to Applications folder.

5. Click Use an existing account

6. Type my email for my existing Atlassian account into the Email field

7. Click Continue

Expected result: The email field is replaced by a password field and a Login button appears

Actual result: The email field gets a pencil icon at the end and a Login button appears. I am unable to figure out how to display a password field. Clicking the pencil places the cursor at the end of my email address in the Email field.

How do I log in? I do not want to log in via Google.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I've reached out to our Identity team and they think it might be a JavaScript issue of some form. Could you please run this command in Terminal prior to launch:

defaults write com.TorusKnot.SourceTreeNotMAS WebKitDeveloperExtras -bool true

And then when you reach this page - prior to performing any actions, right click and "Inspect Element" to show the Web Inspector. Then copy/paste any output from the Console tab so we can review. Our apologies for the hiccup.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

874 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you