You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I do not understand why p4merge is not launching when I select "Resolve Conflict/Launch External Merge Tool".
If I setup p4merge in the options the te configuration seems ok.
My .gitconfig is modified by Sourcetree with
[difftool "sourcetree"] cmd = 'D:/dev/tools/diff/WinMerge/WinMergeU.exe' \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\" [mergetool "sourcetree"] cmd = 'D:/dev/tools/diff/P4Merge/p4merge.exe' \"$BASE\" \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\" \"$MERGED\" trustExitCode = true
My SourceTree userconfig file contains:
<setting name="MergeTool" serializeAs="String"> <value>2</value> </setting>
BUT if I stop SourceTree & relaunch it, the merge configuration gets lost and is set again to "System Default" !!!
Even when I configure it in a running session (without restarting it), what Sourcetree does is that it creates 4 files:
and stays with a popup "Visual Merge in progress".
If from a CMD window and launch p4merge.exe with the correct arguments, it is launched correctly and works as expected.
Is there any option to activate some logging or traces to understand what is occuring.
Even if I look at the Windows Task Manager I never see any p4merge.exe process being launched or try to be launched.
- Windows7 64 bits
- SourceTree 184.108.40.206 (was teh same with previous versions)
Hope to find some help.
Hello Kieran & David,
just receiving the notification of your post, I was preparing myself to open a JIRA ticket but saw an update was there for SourceTree. I installed it (version 220.127.116.11) and restested with a blank fresh new local repo in which I pushed a text file modified in branch and merged back again (with conflict of course). P4Merge has been launched correctly now.
So from my side the problem of launching P4Merge is not there anymore in this version.
Finally got it to work, but I was running lastest version. I noticed that if I did resolve a conflict manually (mark as resolved) it would start to launch p4. but was not just p4, was any external merge tool that was being blocked (tried with tortoise and beyond compare). Maybe there is a underlying bug with the switch of external merge tools that's causing this problems.