Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Local Repository (not in ST history) & Rename Tab / Project Confusion

megabrian March 28, 2018

I am just trying to open a local repository since I have moved it on my local computer, or for whatever reason it's not in the local repositories history in my sourcetree.

So I go to file open and select that folder that has the .git hidden folder as a first-level child, that seems to open and be connected to the remote repository just fine...

My two issues from here are that because I always use the folder name "current" to distinguish the live folder from other archive folders in my windows folder structure within each client folder, the tab says "Current" in Sourcetree if I open it this way, so I need to rename that to the client name.  But for whatever reason neither the client name nor the word "current" appear in the recent local repositories, which as I understand is the only place I can go to rename the project tab?   So if I close "current" in source-tree, why can I not find it in sourcetree later?  How can I rename my project if I open from a local folder?   Am I opening the correct folder?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2018

Hello! This is probably a bug: opening a repo from the "Open" file menu should also bookmark it, but it currently doesn't.

To rename the tab and bookmark the repo for future use:

• Open a new tab
  • Drag the repo folder from explorer into the the "Add a new bookmark or drag & drop..." area
  • Right click on the newly added repo, and select "rename"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events