On OSX Mavericks SourceTree errors

I get the following error when opening any existing bookmark and waiting for the file diff to show.

'git status' failed with code -1:'Couldn't posix_spawn: error 9

'

I just upgraded to Mavericks today and the issue just started happening. I deleted the app and reinstalled and the same error occurs.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey there,

The resolution to this is wiping your user preferences. Could you make sure you backup your config as this guide states: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SOURCETREEKB/Wiping+SourceTree+Preferences

Follow the steps and it should resolve the issue. Could you also open a jira.atlassian.com issue (set it to Reporters and Developers so only we can see it) and include your configuration files that should've been backed up if possible? Using this we can discover what the problem is in SourceTree.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

This also solved the problem I was having with "SourceTree quit unexpectedly" after upgrading to OSX Maverics.

This widget could not be displayed.

Upon installing Mavericks I also had these crashes. Wiping preferences worked.

However, opening my MBP this morning, SourceTree crashed and continues to when I try to start. Wiping preferences again works.

Is performing this action the permanent fix?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

877 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you